Monday, May 18, 2009

Fabrizio and Spies spilt wins in Monza

Congratulations to Michel Fabrizio and Ben Spies who spilt wins in Italy at the fifth round of the World Superbike Championship, but not without a host of madness and turmoil at the historic Autodromo Nazionale Monza.

















Michel Fabrizio: "I don’t know what happened at the end of the first race with Ben Spies, may have been the fuel, but it was a shame. I was going well and had a bit of a problem in the middle of the race with my gearbox when I touched with Ben, but I was able to get back up and get going. To win the first and be second after is the greatest weekend I have ever had. Thank you so much to my team and all of the Italian fans. This is amazing."











Ben Spies: "It was a tough pill to swallow after Race One. But we put our head down in Race Two and got into a good rhythm in the first 12-14 laps because we knew we had an issue there and had to short-shift and slow down some at the end to make it on fuel. I took the two warm-up laps a bit differently and the last few laps of the race two, but I can't complain about the bike, it was great during the race.".

The WSBK be back racing at the next event at Road America.